Thursday, September 8, 2011

Learners Permit (Learners License)

September 8 - the date we felt 16 again.  We worked through the manual and done on average 100 test questions but geez I feel like Im gonna explode with all my nerves!

9:30 Ili and I leave for the test centre.  5 minutes into the drive we realise we've forgotten the documents at home.  To add to the nerves, the time delay is the rain.  It was belting down!  Def not doing the road test today! 

Ok so we all set and on the road again almost an hour later.

Again government office, get a ticket and wait.  Ili gets called and then me.  Again things with are not smooth on my side.  This time its my date of birth, the proof thereof.  Even though I have 4 documents proving hwta day I was born the guy still had to go to his manager and check if it was acceptable??????  very frustrating and just aggrevates my nerves.  Anyway it was accepted, did the eye test, passed that sho!  and then the written test.

Ili was already in, he glances at me and shakes his head ...oh boy!
My first few questions were not exactly easy so skipped alot and finally got some questions that I knew.  You have 25 minutes to write a 25 question exam and have to get 18 right.  I was counting my 18 correct answers!

After about 15 minutes I was done -  22/25 and ili 21/25 yeah baby we both passed!!!!


Now moving ahead to our drivers raod test.  Again another challenge: we need a sponsor to drive with us in the test with the examiner.  We have to show that we own the car (difficult since we need the license to buy a car) or we can show its a rental BUT we have to get permission from the rental agent to drive the car in a road test.  Oh and we need to actually do the test...and pass!

To be continued....

Gonna try do Jaimes admin today...hope this time we can cross it off the list!

No comments: