Monday, November 19, 2012

Karate week 3

This weeks karate was rather entertaining.
I managed to get a sneak peak into the formal ceremony:
 
 

And one of the practice exercises:





And then the entertaining bit.. and I know typing/reading this will never really share the moment but I have to record it so that I can giggle again and again when I read this post in the future.

Ok so they were doing these walking exercises from the one side of the class to the other with an additional punch, block and squat depending on what the Sensai shouts out. They had done about 10 of these, so Jaime was pretty into it, being his first time, he was not doing it perfectly but at least he was following instructions and enjoying every moment. For us parents the exercise was pretty mundane...until the Sensai shouts "crab walk"... the class drop to the floor as follows:


 
Jaime, remains standing and starts walking sideways with his arms in a 90 degree angle and his hands acting as pinchers, literally doing a crab walk! something like this, face expressions and all:


 
 
Oh my word I cannot explain to you how funny this looked. Every single parent in that room including the assistant Christal and the Sensai were keeling over trying so hard not to laugh but just battling to hold it back. I think the pure innocense of the action made it even funnier.
From that moment on Jaime became the crab walker!

No comments: