Thursday, November 15, 2012

36 weeks update

Another week under the belt, or rather in the belly, giving us a total of 36 weeks! And with that the countdown continues... 3 more weeks to go.. 
 
Jaime the photographer
Monday had my weekly gynae visit, nothing but the usual to tell.  Dr was happy with my blood pressure, protein levels, weight (glad he is happy I am quite the opposite), belly growth, and blood levels.  He was quite surprised that I had no real questions this week, but like I told him, I've reached 36 weeks, further than I ever imagined, what happens from here onwards will happen and completely out of my control and nothing that we cannot cope with.  The car seat we have 3 days to get, clothes and bags are quick to pack and if I need anything the stores are always open, so no stressing! Keeping those positive thoughts high!

I've switched over from lovanox to heparin.  Still an injection morning and evening but different poison.

Wednesday we had our growth scan, again just good news:  JB estimated weight is 6.5lbs (2.95kg), my fluid levels are great and  JB's heart rate is perfect.  Good scan pics are difficult to get now, but we managed these:

Take note of those lips!

Side profile

Both Ili and myself noticed that the fatty layer around the feet and hands, this kid is packing on the layers and we are expecting a chubby checker!  I have decided to only wash the Newborn gifts we received from SA and not the ones here just in case we need the bigger sizes.  I do however believe that these scans are just an estimate and often proven wrong, so I might just be using those newborns for longer.   All good though!

We have officially purchased our one big ticket item: the infant car seat (complete contradiction from what I told the Doc on Monday) lol
We have also purchased our first set of nappies, wipes, bum cream and bath wash.
Still need to get some other items like a sterilizer, bundle me, changing pad, and and and... this list just is never ending and very very daunting! Kids are expensive!!!!  But all in good time and on a need basis!

So the plan for the next 3 weeks is as follows:
> get through 2.5 weeks of work
> wash baby clothes and blankets
> pack hospital bag
> enjoy thanksgiving
> prep for the arrival of the folks
> try and enjoy my sleep

2 comments:

Therese said...

So excited for you Rose. I hope the next 4 weeks go fast.

Rose said...

Thanks Therese!