Thursday, November 29, 2012

38 weeks

Baby Jardim aka Jelly bean is officially full term, yeah I said it FULL TERM! If you had told be 39 weeks ago that I would be sitting on my couch with a huge watermelon stomach, back pain, reflux, swollen feet with a 38 weeker in my belly I would have laughed in your face. Well boy do I take that back cause dam I am actually here.



This last 2 weeks since my last Jellybean update consisted of 2 visits to Dr Pope and 2 non stress tests. The Dr visits were pretty uneventful, besides the second one which was rescheduled to the next day due to the Dr being off with back pain and us experiencing our first snow/slush of the season. Other than that Dr is very happy. Constantly wondering why I am not stressed and that my only real concern is whether or not I can have a pedicure on Saturday. Like I told him, I'm 38 weeks, I'm full term, what do I have to stress about??? I am grateful for getting this far, for being healthy, for this gift I will soon hold why on earth am I going to stress....Ive done alot of that already over the past weeks I seriously just want to enjoy this.



My last non stress test was a little more exciting. The RN monitoring my test identified that JB's heart rate was running lower than JB's average rate over the past couple of tests. Even though we had movement and heart rate responses were good the concern was the lower than average rate. I was then escorted to labour and delivery, upon instruction of the Dr, and monitored for another 2 hours. I have to report that from the moment the machine was turned on to the end JB's heart rate was back to the normal range and did not drop once during the 2 hours. I was eventually discharged with a 10minute explanation of what labour feels like and should I experience it I should call. Little do they know, but my c section is scheduled for Tuesday and I aint going in any time sooner, I have things to do..."do you hear me Jellybean!"





So game day is still Dec 4th...1 more week!

On other news here's a pic from our first snow/slush of the season:
 
 

No comments: