Sunday, June 24, 2012

My coffee fix

My life has changed significantly over the past 15 weeks, my eating habits, my exercise routine, my moods, my clothes oh and I can go on... but the biggest and hardest change has been my coffee fix.  I don't ever recall a day that I have not had at least 2 coffees/cappuccinos, it was my addiction!  Some people eat chocolate, others drink, smoke, I drank coffee...strong coffee, and I LOVED it!

Now I just smell it and crave it!
So I did a bit of research on the topic, since I have to be able to justify everything I do.  Caffeine is not only found in coffee but also in tea, soda, chocolate, and even some over-the-counter medications that relieve headaches.  You should limit your caffeine levels to 200mg a day while pregnant.  Just to put this into perspective
Espresso:  40-75mg
Black Tea: 14-61mg
Coke classic:   30-35mg
Mountain Dew: 46-55mg
Hersey's kiss:  1mg 

Having all this information on hand I think if I am really good during the week, ie no coffee, no coke/similar, limited chocolate I think 1 cappuccino on the weekend is ok ...right?  I know nothing is better but I feel like I'm on crack, the more I resist, the more I want it! So if I know I'll get my one cup once a week it just helps calm the beast.

I presented this to Ili this morning, even though he was not quite bought he made me one.  And whether intentionally or not he made it with love...

No comments: