Monday, September 23, 2013

9 month update

Mr Mateo - 9 months. 
 

His stats:
Weight: 22.3 lbs (10.15kg)
Height: 28 in (71 cm)
 
Other than his lack of sleeping, he is on track and doing well.  Paed was very happy with his development and general well being.  She thoroughly enjoyed chatting to him, my charming boy.  Again she mentioned I should watch his food intake and keep animal fats to a minimum ie zero fat yoghurt vs full fat.  Again, I take the comment with a pinch of salt.  He is healthy, developing on par and well a little chunky...healthy chunky, so healthy that he survived 2 weeks of 9 hour food strikes! 


They ran some blood tests and found his iron levels to be low.  She said she was not concerned and did not recommend a supplement.  She did however mention that she would like to check the boys for any indication of blood disorders.  So next Tues we off to Children's.   I do think the testing is a bot over the top, and I do hope thy don't prick my boys badly, but if there is anything I'd like to know now so that we can monitor it in future.  Hope to God that both my boys come out clean!

No comments: