Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1 month Mateo



Happy 1 month Mateo!
Well technically I'm a bit late, Mateo is already going on 5 weeks plus, but thought I'd wait for his 1 month check up before I post.


 
At 1 month Mateo weighs 9.65 lbs (4.37 kg) and is 21.5 inches (54.61cm)  long.
The paed was very happy with his progress and said we should continue what we doing ;-) hopefully add more hours of sleep at night (that's me thinking).  She mentioned that he has some blood thing that might be a problem later when he decides to procreate, but its completely harmless right now and nothing we can really do right now.  We will test again in 4-6 mths and I'll be seeing the haematologist to discuss. (this was from those Massachusetts test he did in the hospital).
 
For now we do tummy time when we alert and active whether on the floor, on my legs, on my chest where ever whenever.  Little bugger already knows how to co-ordinate his arms and legs to push so he rolls over.  lucky this only happens if he is on his elbows.
He is starting to realise he has fingers, hands, toes and legs cause they just wriggle and kick and punch lately.  Its cute.  Also starting to realise he has a voice, lots of cooing, tongue pulling, gurgles and grunts happening.  Occasionally, we get this huge toothless grin which is just to precious and completely melts me even after a rough night/day.  We just need to determine whether this is officially milestone number 1 or just gas (of which this poor dude has alot of!)
 
He feeds every 2-3 hours and gets really angry if I don't respond to the first few requests for food.
 
Otherwise still loving having a new precious miracle in our home, loving every precious moment!
 

No comments: