Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Saving my herbs

Now that "Fall" has officially arrived, we welcome the cold, frost, coloured leaves, falling leaves, and a general slow death of our garden.  Now already we have had a few drops in temperature and frost I think twice, and my herbs are still outside.  Lucky for me I planted them underneath the hugest tree so they were well protected, but I need to bring them in. 
 
Our huge tree and underneath my herb garden
 
Can you spot the parsley, basil and thyme in between the leaves and weeds???

My new potted garden

I have 3 lemon verbinia's but could only save one (due to the lack of pots).  The lemon verbinia makes a really good herbal tea for those who dont know.  We hope to cover the other 2 and see how they survive (crossing fingers).  You cant see it but closest to us is the gooseberry bush which is not doing to well, but I hope we can revive it!

No comments: