Friday, October 5, 2012

30 weeks

We have reach 30 weeks, officially 2 weeks into the third trimester!  8-10 weeks left and feeling good about this one.
 
So this is me...
 
And this is Jellybean....
 
 
Side profile

Front profile.. check the chubby cheeks
Weight:          Me = alot                                JB = 3.11 pounds (1.4kg)
Movement:     Me: sluggish and woddleish      JB: alot!   Lots of big kicks
Dr opinion      Me: its complicated                  JB: very happy, every things is growing according
                                                                                 to plan, organs, head, heart rate all look perfect!

Ok so to my complicated story....its actually not so bad.  I went for my usual 2 week visit this week.  It was a great visit.  Firstly I was the only person in the waiting room so my waiting time was ummm 5 minutes! Yes my wait time to see a gynae was 5 minutes *GASP* I was called in personally by the Doc, granted he was looking for another patient and found me so I jumped the q.  This did not last for long cause the assistant tracked me down and pulled me out for my regular weight, BP and pee test.  The Doc did apologise for trying to be efficient ;-) So after all the excitement we came to discover I have gained quite a bit of weight over the last 2 weeks (issue 1), my BP is excellent (not an issue), I have a trace of protein in my pee (issue 2), 2 migraines in 1.5 week (issue 3).

Ok so the protein, headaches and gain weight are symptoms of preeclampsia.  Preeclampsia is hypertension during pregnancy which can cause liver problems.  There are a ton of risks that are enveloped in this one diagnosis but as I only had a trace I refuse to go into alot of detail.  I have googled it and researched it, its still me, but just aint going to blog it.  It is also important to note that the Dr said with the amount that was found if it were another person he would just note it, but as I am who I am, he wants to keep a closer eye on me.  So I am now a weekly visitor to my dear Gynae.

Now on my weekly calender I have the gynae and non stress tests (NST).   Things are getting exciting! 

Otherwise, besides all that I do feel really good.  The daily movements keep me calm and sane.  My increase in size is keeping me humble, trying to appreciate the size I am instead of cursing every time something does not fit anymore.    And what would I do without my awesome husband who does all the shopping, packs Jaime and my lunches every morning, cooks nutritious dinners when he is home and during his off times he does the laundry (this time round took him 4 days!).  My gorgeous baby boy who just constantly telling me he loves me and "helps" me clean and cook and just listens "cause my belly is big and you're tired mom" he says.  I could honestly not ask for more.

One other exciting thing this week:  at my NST this week I heard and felt JB's hiccups for the first time! This was a funny experience for me and the nurse monitoring me...she giggled at all the "movement" marks on the heart rate print out.

No comments: