It all happens so quickly, First (to be revealed later when we have all our ducks in a row and just cause I believe that if I get to excited I'll jinks it!), second Ili got a job, third Ili flies to SA all in a matter of 3 days!
Let me move straight to step 2 - Ili found a job! Its at Lowe's, a hardware store similar to builder's Warehouse. He starts orientation on the 9th of March. So we have just under a month to get all our ducks in a row. This is great news. Finally America will see what a good asset Ili is, and this job is a great step in the door for greater things.
Upon the news of Ili getting a job, we decided that we needed to get our stuff here before he starts work. Between finding out he has the job to booking the ticket was less than 24 hours. Between booking the ticket and Ili leaving was less than 24 hours. We don't live boring lives do we?
Thursday, the day Ili left, was the craziest day by far. Ili and Jaime dropped me off at work early for me to get a head start so I could leave early that afternoon. This working full time business really does not allow for much flexibility *tisk tisk*
3:15 Ili picks me up from work, bags all packed, snacks for Jaime packed, Leapster all charged ready for our hour drive to the airport. Ili has really gotten good with this farther thing and getting all organised before trips.
4:30 - 5:45 Arrive at airport, check in, coffee, bit of walking around and our farewell. The difficult part, emotionally, was explaining to Jaime why he could not go with Daddy on the plane and Avo's house, why he had to come with mom, and then physically removing him from the airport kicking and screaming without causing too much of a scene or setting off any child abuse alarms lol
6 pm All set in the car ready for our trip home. navigation check, Jaime's games check, his snack at arms length check, parking ticket check all good to go! Leaving the airport now in the dark reminded me that my contacts need an upgrade all the road signs are a little blurry! ok on the highway...mmmm not so fast 4 lanes of highway all full, peak hour traffic, just perfect, wait hang on, Jaime and I, we 2 people in the car of course HOV lane...what a beauty! So I shoot through heavy traffic congestion , we now about 20 min into the trip. Jaime now eating his snack, I'm getting used to the blurry signs and WAM back in traffic, HOV lane ends, navigation screaming to stick to the right, but as Ive just come out of the HOV lane I'm in the extreme left stuck in Cape Cod traffic, my fone is beeping wildly to plug it in, my car charger is simple a cheap piece of shait and I'm in a panic,,, hands shaking... Car charger rips off the cable and completely dismantles itself....Ok ok calm down just traffic no need to panic... first off ramp that comes up I'm off and just turn around back on the highway sweet..... beep beep...battery dead..... fantastic!
7 pm still driving on the highway, now I'm starting to panic or at least reach a new high. I'm not recognising the areas or off ramps I'm driving past and I know, that by now I should be close to home and I'm not. Simple solution, ask for directions....? I take the first off ramp that has food signs, it happens to be a mall schweet I can buy a car charger and be on my way. In the mall straight to Radio shack - car charger check, Jaime going made about some Fin Missile thing, no patience, guilty mom feeling, I buy it, ask directions and leave. Start car, phone battery tp flat not working grrrrrr pull over at best buy which is bound to have Internet and bound to get directions! As I pull Jaime out again I rip my hand on the car somehow, perfect! So I walk into best buy looking tired, panicked, with a toddler and a bloody hand and calmly ask the lady for directions and ignoring the curious questioning eyes when I tell her I have no idea where I am, which highway I want but I know I want to get to Marion.
7:30 In car with not so clear directions, but I'm to tired and hungry to care, again thank God for Ili and packing those snacks for Jaime. And yes it did not occur to me to grab something at the mall to eat. no comment. On the road again. After another 10 minutes my phone decided it could make its appearance again and turn itself on... yes navigation!!!
8:15 We walk into our home! Officially hungry and tired and an emotional wreck. Ili leaves me for one hour and I crumble!
Jaime of course was so excited to get home to start playing with his Fin Missile. We open the bag and not only do I have a Fin Missile but I have batteries..."Fin Missile needs batteries Mom" said in an "its so obvious tone". It appears as if while I was getting us directions Jaime was stocking our bag with batteries! I just had to giggle! pity they were the wrong size tee hee
Bagels and cream cheese for dinner, a bath and bed!
Im not sure Im liking this single thing.....
2 comments:
hi Rose.
So glad to hear that Ili had a job. I hope you get everything all together and that it all runs smoothly now.
Thanks Therese! Exciting times for us ;-)
Post a Comment