Today leaving home could not have been worse, Jaime was kicking and screaming not letting me leave, all while suctioned to my leg. He has done really well these past few weeks and has been really happy to stay home and play while we go to work. If there is a little fight its a mere kiss and hug and he gets over it. This morning on the other hand was very different, he was genuinely upset. After I left he ran up to his room and lay in bed and cried ;-(
My poor boy, with Ili has been away for 4 days now, and with me at training in Boston yesterday for literally the day (out at 6:30 and back home at 7), Jaime is breaking down.
I need to figure out how to teach him to deal with his emotions and voice what he is feeling without the melt down. I know its all part of growing up, and I know we cant just make everything better without the lesson but its just so hard to watch.
So I decided to leave work early and spend some quality time with my boy. Nothing like ice cream to make it all better (ironic know). We did hit the library on the way though.
![]() |
| Baby Mateo even got to taste some... no need to tell you cause you can see it on his face, but he loved it! |
We then had some hero time with his cousins:


And after a relaxing afternoon all happiness has been restored ...*yay*
Bonus for the day: one more sleep till daddy gets home




No comments:
Post a Comment