Sunday, September 9, 2012

Jaime update

27 August 2011, the start of the school year.  Jaime has moved up to a new class, new teacher and some new class mates. I think the whole anticipation of the move was more stressful than the actual event!  I think for the month of August the teachers started prepping teh kids for the move ie spending a couple of hours with the new teacher.  Jaime started saying things like "Mommy I don't wanna go to school" and "I dont like the new teacher".  I seriously thought this transition was going to be a nightmare!  However in true Jaime style, the morning of the new start, Jaime ran into his new class all excited giving his new Teacher Ms Erica a huge high 5, and then turning around bouncing every step, gave me a big hug and kiss and waved goodbye.  Ever since then, he tells me every day "I love being in Ms Erica's class", and "I'm a big boy now".   The only scary thing now is that the class room is the closest room to the front door i.e. this is his last year in preschool.  Next year he is off to kinder garden! 

Ms Erica is Kindergarden accredited so I think this next year is a big prep year for school.  I can see his attitude towards school has changed.  He is very excited and talks alot about what he has learnt. Lately its all about Bullying.  He tells me what bullying is and how its not good.  Manners are also a big thing, please and thank you, and when 2 people are talking you need to say excuse me.

Think the shift between summer and the school year has been good.

Our sleeping habits have changed a bit lately.  The normal routine of dinner bath story sleep still runs like clockwork.  Except half hour into lights out, our bed gets invaded... 1 earth creature, 1 dolphin and a zillion books!


night

after night

The old folks left last week Sunday, so we have had 1 week of a quiet house, back to our old routine.  Again I thought this would be a huge thing for Jaime, but again he surprises me, with lots of questions and lots of acceptance.  Accepting that Avo and AVo will be back, that one day we'll go visit "Africa".  The other big thing is "Now that Avo is not here I don't have to worry about him switching my TV off"...yip that is the biggest current issue!

The obsession with cars continues on, except now it has evolved to singing the Fin Missile theme song along with his cars and their racing and airs stunts.

Soccer season starts next week..looking forward to being a soccer mom ;-)  Jaime has his annual physical and his yearly cranio exam in 2 weeks. 

Otherwise, we just enjoying the "mom I love you" every 2 minutes and watching our little baby boy turn into a big boy with all his knowledge and hand gestures!


Jaime tucking into a rib!  If you had told me 3 years ago he'd be doing this I would never had believed it!

"Its yummy for my tummy"

No comments: