Saturday, October 8, 2011

Another tick on the checklist

Yip believe it, we are are the proud owners of our very first American left hand drive automatic vehicle. Now you know what this means??? Correct again, Ili and I are registered legal Massachusetts drivers. This marks the end of our ode to be 18 years old. Finally, i was stressing myself out trying to remember left from right!

On Monday, we decided to do a drivers lesson with a trained instructor. Now the schools name was Martin driving school, and being from New Bedford we should have guessed the guy was Portuguese. Martin has been in the country 40years and still speaks like he just stepped off the boat. Wonder if we'll be the same in 40 years time????? Im not going to talk about the lesson as it was pretty boring but I will mention the fact that it was pretty interesting conversation from the Porto and his car had so much torque I think I gave the guy whiplash every time I pulled off.

Thursday the drivers exam. 2hours off work. Sweet cause I need to practice!

4pm Ili, peter( our sponsor, all learners are required to have one for the exam) and the examiner are off. Issues with vehicle as its a rental, lucky Peter's was around, with no registered fines (note trap detector sneakily removed prior to the exam) and they off. Lucky for us we drove around New Bedford so Peters car was't given the opportunity to shake while in transit ... yes we all panicked with the thought lol. Ili passed first time.

He returned to the DMV with parting advice, all of which consumed my mind so much that came crunch time I still got it wrong lol yes it was a left right issue! Have to say I think it was much easier than expected or mentally experienced. It was mere street driving, parallel parking, and backing up. None of the course tests we did in SA and no gears!!!

But who cares, I passed, got the license and now a brand new car, humph left right what's the difference right? ;-)

To our new wheels may it give us many miles, and miles and miles of memories!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: